Back to Basics Instagram Series Part Two: Optimizing Your Profile
Welcome back to "The Ashley Avis Podcast - Back to Basics Instagram Series." I'm your host, Ashley Avis, and today, we're diving into the second part of our six-part series, all about making Instagram simple and effective for your business.
In the previous episode, we discussed setting realistic goals for your Instagram journey. Whether you're striving to become a massive influencer or you're all about converting referrals, we've got tips for you. If you missed it, you can CLICK HERE.
In this episode, we're going to focus on optimizing your Instagram profile to ensure you can be found easily. I've even prepared a handy checklist with visuals in a PDF Workbook, exclusively for our listeners. It's completely FREE, and you can grab it by CLICKING HERE.
Episode Two: Optimizing Your Profile
Why Do We Want to Do This?
Before we jump into the nitty-gritty of profile optimization, let's understand why it's crucial:
Help Us Get Found: An optimized profile increases your chances of being discovered by potential followers and customers.
Help Visitors Decide: Your profile should quickly convey who you are and what you offer, helping visitors decide whether to click that "Follow" button.
Now, let's get started. You can optimize your profile by logging into Instagram and clicking on "Edit Profile."
Let's Do This!
1. Profile Photo:
- Consider using a headshot or your business logo if you have a team. A clear and professional image is essential for making a good impression.
2. Account Name:
- This should include keywords that people would use to search for your business. Make it easy for them to find you.
- Your username should be easy to read, spell, and type. Avoid usernames that end in numbers. Ideally, it should be the name of your business.
- Clearly state your profession or industry. This adds another layer of clarity to your profile.
- Your bio is precious real estate. Craft it carefully, including your brand statement: what you do and who you do it for. Remember, character count is limited, so choose your words wisely. If it fits, include a Call to Action encouraging visitors to click the link in your bio.
6. Link in Bio:
- Some accounts offer options for 1-3 links. My advice is to keep it simple and choose one link. You can create a blank page on your website and include buttons that direct people to where they want to go. For example, you can have buttons for a Free Guide, Blog, Contact Form, and more. Alternatively, you can use an app like Linktree to create a user-friendly link hub.
Optimizing your Instagram profile serves two vital purposes: it helps people decide whether to follow you, and it ensures that your account is searchable, making it easier for potential followers to find you.
Don't forget to CLICK HERE to download the corresponding workbook if you want to dig deeper and achieve even better results from this six-part series. As always, it's absolutely free!
Thank you for tuning in to this episode. Next up, Part 3, where I'll be sharing insights on what to post on your Instagram account.
If you're enjoying this series, please consider writing a review or sharing it with your friends. I'd also love to connect with you on Instagram, so follow along @ashleyavisco!
Until next time, remember: You've got this!
Ashley Avis Social Media Coach Podcast Host
Jurassic Park Fan